The Kia Soul 2013: Great for Humans *AND* Giant Hip-Hop Loving Hamsters

The nice people over at STI contacted me again, y'all. They asked me to review another car. It's out-of-control!!!!!!

Okay, so this is only the second car.

(The first one was a Mazda Mazda3 with SkyActiv Technology.)

I'm still excited because talking about cars is not something I often do, so writing a review takes me out of my normal nonsense zone and helps me focus on something practical. Fortunately, the car they sent me sort of combines fun/nonsense with practical, which is a great combo and something I'd order if it were listed on Sonic's menu.

Remember these guys?




They liked the Kia Soul so much they danced around to Party Anthem. When I was given the heads up that they were going to send me a Kia Soul, I wanted to dance to Party Anthem. I did hesitate for a moment, though, and thought, "HEY, WAIT A MINUTE. ARE YOU SAYING I LOOK LIKE A HAMSTER?" I know I have these teeth, but I wouldn't go as far as to say I look like a hamster. I could stand to lose 10 pounds, sure. I mean, maybe I resemble the one on the far left because she's wearing jeans and I have jeans. She likes pink. I like pink. I own running shoes. She's wearing them.

It turns out they just wanted me to drive it around for a week and give you the scoop on the car from my perspective, which I agreed to right away. The car came to me at the right time, too, because we were about to head toward Galveston and Kemah for a little day trip with my brother-in-law and his girlfriend who had driven in from near Oklahoma. We live in Houston, which is about an hour or so away from Galveston.

I'm telling you, I'm not the only one who enjoyed our trip to Galveston. Here is the Kia Soul livin' it up right beside Galveston Island's Historic Pleasure Pier. That car can surf!

I bought those large sunglasses at Sam's Wholesale Club.

It was nice taking the car down there because the gas mileage is great on the vehicle. It gets 30 miles per gallon on the highway, whereas I am used to getting only 22-23 on the highway with my SUV. I also loved all of the little extras, like the sun roof, Sirius XM radio and the GPS.

I also really love this little handy-dandy, one-side-of-the-seat-down feature:



There was more room in the back than I thought would be at first.
 I was able to pile all of my groceries back there without a problem.

I also loved this feature because it saved me from hearing the "How did you not see the bike?" question from my husband:



And, also this one because there were lots of places to plug things in, especially when my husband and I were both in the car. It was also great having a little well there in front of the gear shift for feathery party favors.


I could see younger people really loving this car, too, because you could transport your bike, surf board, etc. in the side of the car and still have people sit in the back seat. Since we still need a booster seat and my other son is a real stickler about not riding on top of the car, it is a little difficult to do both- take kids and bicycles in the same vehicle.

Actually, I know younger people love this car. The other day, I went to my favorite furniture/house goods consignment shop, Still Goode Consignments, and thought I parked in front of a mirror! I know they get some really great large pieces of furniture, but I had never known them to get a gigantic mirror and then sitting it out in the parking lot before! Were those Still Goode people going hog wild?


You know I had a lot of parking options but chose that spot on purpose.

The store's owner approached me as I shopped around for the most perfect dining room table for the price of FREE (it's the only way I will convince my husband to get one at this present time) and asked me if that was my car. I told her the story of how I was essentially test driving it and she told me that the car I had parked in front of belonged to her daughter who is in her early 20s. She said she bought that vehicle for her daughter and had bought one for her son, too. She said they loved it! I asked if they loved the changing neon lights inside it, too. She said that must be an upgraded feature because there were no changing neon lights inside either of her kids' cars.

What?

No changing neon lights?

I couldn't believe it.

That was my favorite feature by far.

With no changing neon lights, a Kia Soul Disco would be a hard thing to pull off.

See what I mean?



That was like the icing on the lime green cake.

The bottom line of this post? I thought the Kia Soul 2013 was a great, fun, economical, fuel efficient car with lots of great extra features great for both humans and extra-large, hip-hop loving hamsters.

 
_______________________________________

Did you kinda sorta like this post? Let me ask it in another way, did you throw your shoe at the screen? If no shoes were thrown (and, let's be honest, even if they were), you know I'd love to see you over on Facebook and Twitter!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Posts Older Posts Home